The Many Uses of Lemons
In these tough economic times many people are looking towards saving money and one way is to use products that are readily available to use instead of purchasing it in the store.
Here are 9 ways you can use lemons!
1. Laundry Brightener – Instead of using bleach, add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of lemon juice to the wash cycle to brighten up those fading whites.
2. Sore Throat Soother – Relieve your sore throat and cut in a lemon in half. Skewer one half of the lemon over an open flame, or on an electric burner, on high and roast the peel until it turns golden brown. Let cool slightly, then mix the juice with 1 teaspoon of honey. Swallow the mixture and your throat will feel soother.
3. Prevent apples and pears from browning by squeezing a little lemon juice over them. This will keep your fruit last longer.
5. Toothpick Collector – Have you ever noticed that when you have a party and toothpicks are around they end up everywhere! Well stick a toothpick in a lemon ahead of time and your guests will take the hint. It will save you loads of time from picking them up off the floor, tables and seats.
6. Use as a Grater Cleaner – After you finish using your grater to grate soft cheeses, or other sticky foods, go over both sides of the grater with the pulp side of a lemon to get rid of any residue.
7. When you want to juice lemons – for a few seconds, microwave the lemons first. This will soften the lemons and make it much easier to juice.
8. Clean you cutting boards with lemons. Lemons help remove tough stains from light wood or plastic cutting boards. Just slice the lemon in half, squeeze onto the soiled surface, rub and let sit for 20 minutes before rinsing. The best part of this process is that your house will smell like lemons rather than chemicals.
9. Hair Lightener – For subtle highlights, simmer two sliced lemons in water for an hour (add more water if needed). Strain and then pour into a spray bottle. This will bring your natural highlights out. When I was younger, I also put lemon juice in some water and poured it on as a creme rinse. This also worked to bring out the natural highlights.
So start your day off with lemons!
If you are looking for green, Eco-friendly products go to Green Home Shopping Club.
One Response to “The Many Uses of Lemons”
Leave a Reply
With My Branding System you have access to:
• Access to web experts
• Professional customized designed website and blog
• Integration with social media such as: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
• Built in Video and Cell Phone Production capabilities
• Search Engine Optimized (SEO) tools to drive prospects to your website
• Tools such as: an Ad Page Peel and Article Submission Service
• My Branding System Auto Responder
• Premium Real Estate Services such as: MLS Property Search, Mortgage Calculator, Home value Estimator, School Searcher and Zillow Real Estate Services
• Ongoing Training including social media
• Extremely powerful tool to brand YOU!