What Successful Know That You Don’t
Knowing what the ingredients of true success are is important in terms of our social, professional and personal lives. Taking these principles to heart will also ensure that we reach obtain the maximum benefit from all relationships that we forge on these three levels. Here are some of the principles that drive successful people:
Principles of Successful People
• Successful people are those who fully understand how important it is to develop their skills and leverage their strengths in their growth and development.
• They know how to manage their energy levels. They do not depend on stimulants like coffee to get them going or depressants like alcohol to help them wind down.
• They are firmly rooted in reality. They spend their time and energy in things that can be controlled, like the present and the future. They know how to avoid impulses that relate to things they cannot control. In other words, they do not allow themselves to become resentful, complain, blame or engage in wishful thinking.
• Successful people understand that what happens in their lives is based on their own choices, not those of others. This means that they take responsibility for what has happened, is happening and will happen in their lives.
• They know their weaknesses and strengths of character, and this helps them to change how they think, feel and behave.
• They have a clear vision of what they want and what they need to do to achieve it. They identify their goals, determine how to attain those goals and act accordingly.
• They accept the difficult and harsh realities of life and know how to deal with challenging situations.
• Very importantly, successful people take their personal freedom of choice as a constant given, and not something that they need to earn. At the same time, they fully accept the responsibility that is part and parcel of this freedom. In other words, they feel free to make their own choices but are also completely willing to accept responsibility for the results of these choices.
• They have developed the fine art of prioritization. At all stages and in all situations, they either know instinctively or reason out what is most important, what comes after that and what should come last.
• They have inquisitive minds that are not satisfied with garden-variety or popular answers to certain questions. They have the ability to see beyond the obvious, discern the intricacies of a given problem and apply lateral thinking in finding solutions.
• They are capable of changing as well as remaining firm according to what a given situation requires. This means that they can admit that they are wrong and correct an erroneous course if required. At the same time, it also means that they have the strength of character to stand by their convictions if they know that they are right.
Successful People Summary
In short, personal success is based on self-awareness, self-acceptance and self-responsibility. A success-oriented mind-set requires great discipline and constant reinforcements. Because of this, you will invariably find success-oriented people attending whatever trainings, seminars, coaching opportunities and counseling sessions to maintain their focus and forward momentum.
Visit the Human Resources Blog for more insights and articles on human resources development.
Jappreet Sethi has over a decade of experience across various facets of HR and holds a masters degree in Sociology. He is a certified black belt in Six sigma and has certifications in various psychometric instruments like MBTI, FIRO and CPI.
Jappreet has restructured a number of business processes to increase efficiency and reduce turnaround time. He brings strong project management and business partnering skills to the table. He is also extensively trained in group dynamics and leadership development using behavioral labs.
Article Source: The Principles Of Personal Success
This should give you a great start to your success. If you would like to work with me, fill out the contact form and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Let’s enjoy success together!
One Response to “The Principles of Personal Success”
Leave a Reply
With My Branding System you have access to:
• Access to web experts
• Professional customized designed website and blog
• Integration with social media such as: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
• Built in Video and Cell Phone Production capabilities
• Search Engine Optimized (SEO) tools to drive prospects to your website
• Tools such as: an Ad Page Peel and Article Submission Service
• My Branding System Auto Responder
• Premium Real Estate Services such as: MLS Property Search, Mortgage Calculator, Home value Estimator, School Searcher and Zillow Real Estate Services
• Ongoing Training including social media
• Extremely powerful tool to brand YOU!